Thursday, February 28, 2008

Buckle Under Pressure

This mornings workout was really fun and reeeealy hard for me. I haven't jumped rope in years, I figured it would be fun. Well, on my first jump, my knees buckled and my butt hit the ground. It scared me but I got back up and kept going. It was sooo hard. It was like my body was too heavy to fight gravity and get up in the air. I kept stepping on the rope every few jumps and getting all tangled up. I plan on breaking out my own rope that came in my handy dandy exercise kit(That has never been touched) Maybe with some practice I won't find myself crumbling to the ground.The other thing that was really frustrating was these hopping on one leg squat thingies. I'm not sure if it is the muscles or my knees that can't support me when I jump, but something was holding me back. When I tried to jump on one leg, it just buckled and I went straight down. It really upset me that I physically could not do what was asked of me. (There may have even been the first tears of my journey welling up in my eyes.) My team cheered me on and I made it across the room, but it really was a rude awakening. Overall the new activities we did today were really fun and a great change of pace. It was just the jumping UP that got me DOWN.

No comments: